LILLY NOMINATION FORM: Please complete this form and submit prior to 8:00 am on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 to participate in an application process to be one of Bishop Chatard’s nominees for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program.
We are able to nominate two students who reside in Hamilton County and two students who reside in Marion County. Applications and College Cost Summary Forms are due by Wednesday, August 15, at 8:00 am. Nominated students must: 1. Demonstrate financial need, 2. Plan to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study beginning in the fall of 2018 at a public or private college or university in Indiana, 3a. HAMILTON COUNTY: Be a Hamilton County resident, have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA, demonstrate a commitment to community volunteerism, and demonstrate leadership and/or initiative in their school, community, and/or extracurricular activities, 3b. MARION COUNTY: Be a Marion County resident, have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA, and demonstrate motivation and/or a high level of responsibility through school, community, family, and/or extracurricular activities. 4. Submit the Indiana College Cost Summary Form to Mrs. Nixon or Mrs. Alerding in the Counseling Office. (The online calculator allows families to see the true cost of attending Indiana colleges once financial aid is taken into account. The ICC Summary Form has been designed to be quick and easy and will take most users approximately 15 minutes. You can find the Indiana College Cost Estimator at www.indianacollegecosts.org
NAVIANCE: Naviance Student allows you to research college and career opportunities, take personality inventories, create a personal success plan, conduct a college search, track your application progress, and create a resumé. The Naviance student login is https://student.naviance.com/bishopchatard. You will want to use your 6 digit student number (do not add @bishopchatard) and your regular password.
COMMON APPLICATION: You can complete the majority of your Common Application now and save it! You will then be able to pull it up when applications go live on August 1 and have a head start on completing the process. Set up your account today.
SENIOR AUTOBIOGRAPHY: Don’t forget to complete your Senior Autobiography ASAP. You have to access it from your BCHS gmail in order for it to work. This helps with letters of recommendation for colleges, scholarships, and special opportunities. Be sure to click “Send me a copy of my responses” so that you can forward the information to your recommenders. The more fully you answer these questions, the more detailed your letter can be.
COLLEGE VISITS: We recommend that you plan college visits for the afternoon following Living Rosary (October 3) and for PSAT Day (October 10). Fall Break is October 25-29. Colleges typically want you to sign up online for a specific visit or special program. Visits are excused absences if you have to miss school. You will need to be called in the morning of your absence and bring a school excuse form to Mrs. Kaminski when you return. Feel free to contact coaches, academic departments, professors, etc. after you have scheduled your visit to set up additional meetings to make the most of your time on campus.
COLLEGE MEETINGS: College reps are scheduled to visit BCHS this year. A full schedule is available at https://counseling.bishopchatard.org/college-reps/. Sign-up information will be available soon.
PEER RECOMMENDATION FORM: Great news! Do you love your classmates in the class of 2019? You can now provide information for the letters of recommendation we send to colleges. Complete this form so we can share w colleges. Challenge: Take time to complete a form for someone you admire with whom you are not close friends.
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER: If you are interested in participating in NCAA Athletics, the NCAA Eligibility Center has a wealth of information for you:
- Learn the difference between Division I, Division II, and Division III
- Review the guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete
- Create a Division I or II Eligibility Center Account
- Create a Division III Profile
AUGUST TO-DO LIST:
- Sign up with Parchment.com. This is for transcripts. You do not need to complete the student activities, grades, etc. Request your transcript to be sent to all schools that are not on Common Application.
- Stay organized to make the college application and decision process less stressful.
- Make sure you have all application websites and forms required for college admission and financial aid. Update your calendar with all deadlines for your applications and financial aid.
- Complete the Lilly Nominee Application Form by August 15 if you plan to apply to be one of BCHS’ nominees.
- SEND YOUR ACT/SAT SCORES DIRECTLY TO COLLEGES. You can do this through your College Board and ACT accounts.
- Register for the ACT or SAT or SAT Subject Tests if needed.
- Register for the CSSProfile financial aid form if needed.
- If your college applications require recommendation letters, ask teachers to write one on your behalf. Please allow teachers at least 3 weeks to complete your recommendation. Provide recommendation forms and any special instructions. Write a thank you letter to the teacher afterward.