The Next Generation Hoosier Educators Scholarship provides 200 high-achieving high school and college students interested in pursuing a career in education the opportunity to earn a renewable scholarship of up to $7,500 each year for four academic years. In exchange, students agree to teach for five years at an eligible Indiana school or repay the corresponding, prorated amount of the scholarship. Deadline: November 30, 2018
The BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship is open to US undergraduate and graduate students seeking a career in the finance industry. The scholarship amount is $1,000 and will be awarded based on academic merit and submission of a short essay to be titled How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major of study must support a career in the finance industry (e.g., finance, business, accounting, mathematics, management, and other related majors)
- Must be a US resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
Please note the following deadlines:
- Due Date: December 31, 2018
- Announced: January 21, 2019
- Awarded: January 31, 2019
- Essay Topic/Title: How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved. This essay will explore current issues in today’s credit landscape and various ways to offset the negative implications that affect many Americans’ ability to access capital.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- The essay should be written in 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
How to Apply
Attn: Wealth Wise Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
For further questions on the Wealth Wise Scholarship, please submit your inquiry via our online contact form.
MSD of Pike Township’s Pre Collegiate Initiatives, in partnership with Alpha Kappa Alpha /Alpha Mu Omega, will be sponsoring a UNCF Scholarship Workshop for high school juniors & seniors and their parents on Thursday, September 20m from 5:30 P.M. – 8:00 PM at the Pike Freshman Center, 6801 Zionsville Road, 46268. There is no cost to attend, but you must RSVP by emailing Dr. Ruth Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on UNCF scholarships, programs, internships, and fellowships, visit https://www.uncf.org/scholarships.
A scholarship opportunity is available for outstanding students who have had success in academics, leadership, and a commitment to making a difference in the community. Class 101, a national leader in college planning, will award up to five scholarships, ranging from $1,000-$2,000, to students. Students are encouraged to submit an application by visiting https://www.class101.com/101scholar/. Applications are to be submitted by Dec. 1, 2018 with selected students announced in January, 2019. This scholarship competition is open to all high school students. Deadline: December 1