- You must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a University or College in the United States
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of the current or most recent secondary education program you have attended
- You are required to submit a transcript verifying your GPA
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- High school senior, undergraduate or graduate student
- Full-time enrolled in academic institution Jan 1, 2017 – May 31,2017
Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its third annual Aspiring Nurse
Scholarship. Our website will award a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring
nurse who best demonstrates:
+ A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and
+ A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue
college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs.
Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2017.
Interested students may apply here.
You may also find our website a helpful starting point for your
college search. We provide the Web’s most comprehensive and analytical
resource for selecting a nursing school. Be sure to click on the Comprehensive List of Schools tab near the bottom of the page.
If you are 18 years or older and are accepted to a college or university in the United States, apply for the Tobacco-Free Life Academic Scholarship. Deadline: May 31, 2017
“Tobacco-Free Life awards $2,000 in scholarships each quarter to students who are committed to preventing the suffering and death caused by smoking. If you share our vision, we want to support you in your academic study. If you want to apply for the scholarship, simply submit a typed essay of between 1,000 and 1,500 words that answers the following questions:
- Why do you believe smoking is a significant problem for both individuals and society as a whole?
- We as a society need to tackle the issue of smoking. What is the best way to accomplish this, and why is it the best approach?
- Imagine we’re successful in creating a smoke-free world: what would that world look like? How would it be different to the world we live in today?
- If you could say just one thing to current smokers, what would it be?
When you’ve completed your essay, sign it with your full name, your email address, phone number and permanent address. Email your essay to email@example.com.”