- Please complete the Senior Autobiography by June 15. It must be completed through your BCHS account.
- You may also sign up for a Summer College Planning meeting. Parents are welcome to participate in the meetings.
- You are invited to apply to be selected as one of our Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship nominees by completing the 2018 BCHS Lilly Nominee Application. Applications must be completed through your BCHS account and submitted by Tuesday, August 15, at 9:00 am.
Please complete this form from your BCHS Google account and submit prior to 9:00 am on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 to participate in an application process to be one of Bishop Chatard’s nominees for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program. We are able to nominate two students who reside in Hamilton County and two students who reside in Marion County. Applications are due by Tuesday, August 15, at 9:00 am.
Nominated students must:
1. Demonstrate financial need,
2. Plan to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study beginning in the fall of 2018 at a public or private college or university in Indiana,
3a. HAMILTON COUNTY: Be a Hamilton County resident, have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA, demonstrate a commitment to community volunteerism, and demonstrate leadership and/or initiative in their school, community, and/or extracurricular activities, 3b. MARION COUNTY: Be a Marion County resident, have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA, and demonstrate motivation and/or a high level of responsibility through school, community, family, and/or extracurricular activities.
4. Submit the Indiana College Cost Summary Form to Mrs. Nixon or Mrs. Alerding in the Counseling Office. (The online calculator allows families to see the true cost of attending Indiana colleges once financial aid is taken into account. The ICC Summary Form has been designed to be quick and easy and will take most users approximately 15 minutes. You can find the Indiana College Cost Estimator at www.indianacollegecosts.org.)
(Note: If you are selected as a Bishop Chatard nominee from Marion County, scholarship interviews will take place on Friday, October 20, which falls during Bishop Chatard’s Fall Break. You must be present for the interview to be selected.)
Each year BeSkinHost.com offers a $1500 scholarship for an outstanding student who is interested in natural skincare topics, such as anti-aging or acne treatments. Applicants should complete a 1,500-2000 words essay on the topic. A panel of BeSkinHost’s leaders will choose 3 finalists. Finalists will participate in a phone interview. The top finalist will be awarded the $1,500 scholarship, which can be used for any educational expenses.
Who is eligible?
- High school seniors who’ve been accepted to a college or trade school.
- Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college, university or trade school.
Applications will be accepted from April 10, 2017 to November 25, 2017 (11:59 p.m. MT).
The winner will be announced on December 1, 2017.
All applications must include:
- A 1,500 to 2,000 words essay about a topic relevant to natural skin care
- A 100-150 words bio
- A headshot
- A scholarship application form, you might download from here.
Please submit your essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Essay Topics
Possible topic ideas include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Personal story about skin care (should be original and creative)
- Natural Remedy for acne or anti-aging purpose
- Feasible how-to guide for skin care
Essay topics should be current, relevant, and educational.
Links to high-profile sources in the article are welcomed.
Members of the class of 2018 are invited to apply for the 2017 Wendy’s High School Heisman Scholarship Program. Phase 1 of your application must be completed and submitted by October 2, 2017 at 3 p.m. 6 p.m. ET. “If you’ve maintained at least a B average, participate in at least one school-sponsored sport, are a leader in your community and role model at your school, then you’ve got what it takes to be a Wendy’s High School Heisman.”