Reminder: Class of 2018 Final Transcripts

Class of 2018 Final Transcripts
Bishop Chatard will automatically send final transcripts to students’ colleges of choice on June 1. We also send final transcripts to NCAA and NAIA eligibility centers if students have indicated plans to participate in college athletics. If students have taken dual credit classes, they must request that the credit-issuing institution sends a transcript. For Indiana University Advance College Project (ACP) courses (Public Speaking, W131, Finite), request the transcript at Phone contact: (812) 855-7505. ​For Vincennes University courses (Accounting), request the transcript at Contact: phone 812.888.4220, email

Seniors: Reminders December 2017

How to Send This Semester's Grades (semester 7) to Colleges

First semester grades will be stored and new transcripts will be ready to send to colleges by January 12, 2018.

Sending Mid-Year Report to Colleges: If you need a midyear report sent to any of your Common Application schools, please email Mrs. Nixon at

Sending Transcript with 7th Semester Grades: If you need a new transcript with 7th semester grades sent to any of your schools, please order through Parchment. After you’re done, stop by to see Mrs. Nixon or Mrs. Alerding if you want to confirm whether your request went through.

  1. Go to Click on signup and create your account.
    Remember your username and password. You will need to enter only your basic information before going to “Order” in the top right corner.
  2. On the ‘order’ page, enter Bishop Chatard as your school. Then, select the colleges who will be receiving your transcript.
  3. You will have to confirm your orders and then click the $0.00 button to have the transcripts sent.


Send BCHS Your Admission and Scholarship Letters to BCHS

Please be sure to send your admit letters and scholarship letters to Mrs. Alerding at or bring them to the School Counseling Office. We can accept copies, originals, photos, or screenshots. The board in the hallway and list on the website will be updated in mid-January.

If You Decide Not To Attend A College

If you decide not to attend a college or university, please contact them in writing and ask them to withdraw your application.

When You Have Chosen A College

You will need to submit a deposit to your school of choice by May 1.

College Visits

Nothing helps students and families more in the college search process than making an official college visit to schools of interest. Many college visits can take place on non-BCHS school days, but there are times when it is necessary to take a day off of school.

Every senior should try to take advantage of the opportunity to visit a college when the underclassmen take the PSAT/PLAN exams, usually in early-mid October. Seniors may choose to use additional days for college visits according to the following guidelines:

  1. Parents need to call the school regarding the student’s absence on the day of the college visit.
  2. In order for the absence to be considered excused, upon return, the student must provide verification to the main office of the date, time and duration of the college visit that he or she has made.
  3. Students must be in good standing with a satisfactory attendance record and adhere to the guidelines regarding visits.

Juniors are permitted a limited number of college-visit days.

Updated July 2017 from the Student Handbook