Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do as a Sophomore to explore careers?
- Keep an eye out for BCHS Alumni Career Lunches, where you can sign up to listen to recent BCHS alumni talk about their profession and path to that work.
- Login to Naviance Student and complete the career interest profile.
- Create a high school schedule focused on your college goals
What can I do as a Junior to explore careers?
- Continue to use the Naviance Student platform to match colleges to individual interests
- Schedule Just for Juniors meeting with BC college counselor
- Attend ‘College Reps’ meetings, where you can meet with admission representatives from colleges
- Gain college exposure at these on-site college presentations
- Begin college visits
- Access college database to compare admissions data to individual GPA and test scores
What can I do as a Senior to explore careers?
- Review your interests and career profile from Naviance Student
- Shadow someone in the profession that you are interested in
- Continue visits with College Reps at BCHS
How do I begin to think about a major in college?
College Board has a wonderful article they call the Ultimate Guide on Choosing a College Major. It is a good place to start. They suggest
- Think about what you like
- Consider your career goals
- Talk to advisors and professionals