Mrs. Nixon and students discussing college information

College Counseling

Class of 2022 May College Counseling Newsletter


Complete the BCHS Exit Form: Please complete the 2022 Exit Form to help several offices at Bishop Chatard gather very important information and data. We send your final transcript to the school you indicate on this form. If you change your mind about the school you are planning to attend, please email and so that we can send your transcript to the correct place. Note: You must be signed into your BCHS email to open the form.

Finalize Financial Aid: If you need help with FAFSA verification or your financial aid package from your school, check out InvestED, use the FAFSA help line, or contact the financial aid office at your school of choice.

Send us your Admission & Scholarship Offers: While we can’t make any guarantees, there may still be a chance for you to have your last minute admission and scholarship letters added to the senior slideshow. Please forward those to  or bring them to room 213. Congratulations on all of the scholarships and awards you have received!

Dual Credit Courses and Transcripts: If you have taken dual credit classes, we aren’t able to send dual credit transcripts to colleges because they are issued directly through the credit-granting institution. You will need to request that the college sends your transcript after grades are final in the course. For Indiana University Advance College Project (ACP) courses (W131), you can request your transcript at If you have any trouble with that, their phone number is (812) 855-4500. For Vincennes University courses (Accounting), you can request your transcript at For questions, please contact them by phone at 812.888.4220 or email at For Trine University courses (Public Speaking), you can request your transcript at Please contact them at 260-665-4186 with questions. 

Enrollment Deposits: Many schools have enrollment deposit deadlines. Please check with your colleges to see what their policies are. If you need an extension, contact the admission office and ask for an extension on the enrollment deposit.

Transcript requests: If you are still applying to new schools, please request to have your transcripts sent through 

Withdraw your other applications: If you are no longer interested in a school, email them to ask to withdraw your application. Also, unsubscribe from their emails. This will save you time, prevent them from calling you with reminders, and limit emails in your inbox. 

No idea what to do next year?: See Mrs. Nixon! That’s why she is here. We can work to set something up for you!

Questions?: If you have any other questions or need to process your thoughts on your options for the future, please contact Mrs. Nixon to let her know if there is anything she can do to help in the next few weeks. Thank you, and congratulations on being so close to finishing your last semester of high school!