There are several local opportunities you can utilize as you to prepare for future SAT and ACT tests.
- ACT ACADEMY offers a free, personalized way for you to use the results of online practice questions and diagnostic tests to prep for the ACT. We have seen students increase their scores significantly by practicing 3 to 4 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes a day for three months. Reminder: It’s free!
- The BCHS SAT PREP CLASS takes place in January and February for the March SAT.
- BENDER AND ROCAP EDUCATIONAL SERVICES. (http://www.bender-rocap.com, 317.205.9215, firstname.lastname@example.org) Experienced tutors who have received A+ feedback from students who now feel more confident. Many students raised their scores, gained admission to the college of their choice or earned scholarships. For individual tutoring: $60 per hour; $45 for 45 minutes. For two students together: $38 per student, per hour. For three or four students together: $27 per student, per hour.
- CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT. (cldinc.org, 317-923-8111) During this six-week preparatory course during various times of year, students benefit from intensive instruction on each of the three challenging SAT subject areas: evidence-based reading, writing and math. Students take practice tests which ultimately help improve test-taking abilities by using the tools provided before the annual SAT testing dates. Each student receives an official SAT review book. Eligible Participants: Students in grades 10-12. Program Fee: $50
- CLASS 101. Classes are $499. Over the past 20 years, Class 101 has helped more than 3,000 students improve their average SAT scores over 180 points. Tools Provided: Textbook, Worksheets, Online Resources, Trend Sheets, Two Full Practice Tests in Class and Trend Analysis, Two Additional Tests for Homework, Discover Areas of Weakness and Correct Weak Trends, Test-taking Tips, Strategies, and Timing. (https://www.class101.com/centralindiana/act-sat-classes/)
- CLUB Z! IN-HOME TUTORING. Test Prep Online Option: Great option for students with very busy schedules or who don’t quite need the intensity of one-on-one, private tutoring. http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-online-sat-act-classes/. One-on-one, In-Home Option: SAT: http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-sat-test-prep-tutors/, ACT: http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-act-test-prep-tutors/. SAT/ACT program information and SAT/ACT Flyer on the BCHS School Counseling site provide additional information.
- COLLEGE NANNIES+SITTERS+TUTORS. College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors offers in-office tutoring in the Nora area with a customized model that emphasizes matching an appropriate tutor with the student’s learning style. A flexible approach anchored with tailored, detailed Progress Plans helps to ensure success for each student. https://www.collegenanniesandtutors.com/tutor/collegetestprep/ Any questions can be directed to Dave Snider, 317-559-2510.
- HUNTINGTON LEARNING CENTER offers personalized attention with proven results. They offer individually tailored programs for every student’s goals, abilities, and schedule. The Huntington Advantage means: individualized tutoring, proven results, flexible scheduling, convenient locations , and specially trained teachers. (317-562-0550; https://huntingtonhelps.com/center/indianapolis)
- KHAN ACADEMY offers a free, personalized way for you to use the results of your PSAT to prep for the SAT. We have seen students increase their scores significantly by practicing 3 to 4 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes a day for three months. Reminder: It’s free!
- MOXEY TEST PREP. Introductions are available to the Moxey Test Prep methods for all sections of the SAT and ACT. Email email@example.com to have a spot held and receive a confirmation that gives the details about payment, location, and required materials. Seating is very limited. More information on all upcoming SAT and ACT workshop classes is at moxeytestprep.com.
- SARAH PETERSON is a private tutor with 27 years of test prep experience. She offers weekday afternoon & evening appointments (no weekend) at her home office in Ivy Hills. Individual and small group sessions, individualized to students’ needs. Text or talk: 317-578-1986. Email: Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org