Are you, as a BCHS senior or BCHS alumni, interested in pursuing Performing Arts as a major in college, and looking for financial aid to help you along the way?
Consider exploring the Kyle J. Guyton Memorial Scholarship Fund. Its mission is to award one-time scholarships to deserving students attending a post-secondary college or university and pursuing a major in Theatre/Performing Arts.
The scholarship is open to high school seniors or current college students possessing the qualities and attributes that made Kyle Guyton, who both graduated from and taught at BCHS, a well-loved member of theatrical , educational and faith-based communities.
The recipient must:
- be a graduate of Bishop Chatard, or will quality for graduation prior to beginning eligibility for assistance
- be an individual that is clear-sighted and models compassion and integrity
- be a servant leader, performing community service on a regular basis
- have participated in a high school, church, or community performing arts program for at least two years and plan to continue this pursuit in college
- have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 (for a first-time applicant)
- have applied for admission to an accredited school and intend to major or minor in Theatre Arts. Note: Applicants for graduate studies are not eligible.
- be willing to serve as a scholarship ambassador at future scholarship fundraising events
Application can be started at kgscholarship.org or contact BCHS teacher Mrs. Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is June 4, 2021.