Seniors, We miss you. We are thinking of you as so many things on your busy senior schedules are postponed or canceled. Don’t forget that we also think you are the greatest senior class in the history of the world and will rise to the challenge. Here are some things to keep in mind as you move forward:
- Admission Decisions. With many campus offices closed or working remotely, please check your email and your online admission portal from each school more frequently.
- Campus Visits. Many campuses are closed to visitors, but some are still hosting small tours. Please contact each school directly. Don’t forget to use their campus websites for virtual tours. You can also access SCOIR (set up an account with your BCHS ID number and login through your BCHS Google account) to watch video tours. Please email me if you need help accessing these.
- Enrollment Deposits. Many schools have enrollment deposit deadlines of May 1. Several schools have extended their deadlines. Please check with your colleges to see what their policies are. If you need an extension, contact the admission office and ask for an extension on the enrollment deposit. If your family is making less money during this time and you are worried that you will be unable to pay the deposit, you could also write a letter asking them to waive the enrollment deposit fee or offer a longer extension.
- Finalize Financial Aid. If you need help with the FAFSA, check out InvestED or use the FAFSA help line. I also highly recommend calling the financial aid office at the college or university you plan to attend; they are experts.
- Transcript requests. Please request to have your transcripts sent through Parchment.com. Third quarter report cards will be available by this Thursday, 3/19; please email me if you need a college to receive it.
- Withdraw your other applications. If you are no longer interested in a school, email them to ask to withdraw your application. Also, unsubscribe from their emails. This will save you time, prevent them from calling you with reminders, and limit emails in your inbox.
- Communicate with BCHS. As you decide what your plans are for next year, please complete the 2020 Exit Form. Please send us photos of your admission and scholarship letters or screenshots of your portals with information about all of your admission decisions and financial aid summaries. You can send these to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply. It’s not too late to apply to many colleges and universities. Ask me for help in completing applications. If you would like to add Ivy Tech or Vincennes to your list, their applications are very easy to complete. Remember, if you are considering a trade school, I can help with that as well. The contact for our US Army recruiter, SSG Raines, is (317) 468-5192.
- Senior Summa candidates: Please check your email from Mrs. Nixon.
- AP Tests. More information will be coming in the next week from College Board regarding a potential plan for AP Tests.
- Ask Your Counselor. I’m here for you! Sign up for one of these times and we can have a meeting via phone or video.
- Take care of yourself! If you rely on school for food, several sites in the area have meals available. This link provides a list of places to pick up grab and go lunches and/or breakfasts. Scroll down to Indianapolis Public Schools under Marion County or look for the area closest to you.