In honor of Black History Month, Regions Bank is offering 30 Regions Riding Forward® Scholarships to high school seniors and college students through a competitive essay contest about inspirational African-Americans. The Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest is designed to provide scholarship opportunities for students while celebrating the contributions of African-Americans in all aspects of our society. With our awards this year, Regions will pass the $1 million mark in awarded scholarships to high school and college students through the Contest.
The Contest requirements are as follows:
- Eligibility: High school seniors (living in states with Regions branches) and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors (from, or currently attending college in, states with Regions branches) may apply.
- Topic: Students must write an essay about an African-American who has inspired and motivated them. The essay should, in 500 words or less, (a) address how the African-American individual has been an inspiration in the student’s life and (b) discuss the contributions of the African-American individual who has served to inspire and motivate the student.
- To enter the Contest, and for more information, full eligibility requirements and Official Rules: Visit www.regions.com/ridingforward.
- Entry Timeframe: Jan. 20, 2020 through Feb. 29, 2020.
- Prizes: Fifteen $5,000 scholarships awarded to high school seniors and fifteen $3,500 scholarships awarded to college students. (One high school senior winner and one college student winner will be selected from each of the 15 states with Regions Bank branches, for a total of 30 winners.)