We are excited to host college reps at Bishop Chatard for the next few months. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible to attend the meetings. Our policy for college rep meetings is:
- You must sign up for a visit in advance to attend the session.
- Each student is allowed to participate in up to eight meetings.
- You are responsible to make up any work missed.
- You are not to miss a test, mandatory presentation, important quiz, etc., for a college meeting. If you are not sure what will take place in class on the day of the visit, be proactive and check with the teacher the day before or the morning of the meeting to see if it is acceptable for you to miss class.
- You will go directly to the meeting room rather than reporting to class first. Attendance will be taken. You must be in the designated room or area of the meeting prior to the ringing of the bell or you will be marked tardy for that period’s class.
- College meetings that take place during homeroom take up the entire period. You will not be released from the meeting room for any reason.
- College meetings that take place during a class period will typically end well in advance of the end of the period; you will be given a pass to return to class promptly.
- The Guidance Office reserves the right to remove you from the college meeting if your academic profile does not match the admission standards of the school or if your actions do not meet the desired expectations for our students.
Why do we have college meetings?
- Many colleges track students’ demonstrated interest. (If a student shows up at the high school meeting, it goes into the application record and can help chances of admission or scholarship. It is a reality of the admissions process these days.)
- This is a great chance for you to find out whether schools are a good fit for your academic statistics (GPA and test scores) and desired majors.
- These meetings help to make you aware of deadlines, special scholarships, and important information regarding your applications to your top choice schools.
- You will be able to expand your horizons to hear about some schools that you may not have previously considered.
- Log in to Naviance Student. (Use your student number without @bishopchatard.org and your regular BCHS password.)
- Scroll down to “What’s New.”
- Click on “Show More.”
- Click on the college name for the meeting you want to attend.
- Click on “Register” over to the right.
- You will not receive a pass for the meeting. Attendance will be taken when the bell rings. Meeting locations and room numbers can also be found on the Student Activities calendar on the BCHS website.
- View the college rep meeting schedule.