Complete the application by January 25, 2019.
Purpose: The purpose of the Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust, Nancy Jaynes Memorial Scholarship Award is to provide financial assistance for a student(s) who has a parent battling breast cancer or who has lost a parent to breast cancer to attend a post-secondary educational program (technical school or college) through scholarship funds.
Eligibility Requirements: In order to be eligible for consideration, scholarship applicants must:
- Have a parent battling breast cancer or has lost a parent to breast cancer.
- Be a high school senior, reside within and attend high school (or be home-schooled) in Indiana. (If you do not reside in Indiana, your application will not be considered.)
- Plan to pursue a degree, either full-time or part-time, in any accredited post-secondary institution in Indiana.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen, or documented permanent resident of the U.S. Race, color, creed or sex will not be factors in choosing the Award winner(s).
- Recipients will be asked to provide proof of acceptance to a college or university before receiving payment of the Award.
Application Submission Instructions: In order to be eligible for consideration, scholarship applications must:
- Be typed (preferred) or printed in blue or black ink on only one side of the page. Essays must be typewritten.
- Be clearly legible and submitted in English. IBCAT is not responsible for mistakes made due to illegible applications.
- Be submitted in hard copy. Applications received by fax or email will NOT be accepted.
- Be submitted in the same order as received. Applications may be paper clipped in their entirety, but please do not separate/group parts of the application by paper clipping or stapling certain sections.
- Include current and accurate contact information. IBCAT will contact you at the phone number, email address, or physical address you provide.
- Provide all signatures where indicated on the application.