We look forward to helping you reach your post-secondary goals. Basic information for the summer of 2019 is included below. Please contact Mrs. Nixon if you have any questions.
- There are still spots available for a Just for Juniors meeting with Mrs. Nixon. Please sign up for a time slot if you are interested.
- Please complete your College Autobiography by June 5. This helps teachers write letters of recommendation for your college applications. After you complete it, you should ask them in person whether they are willing to write a recommendation for you. Then, send them the copies of your College Autobiography responses.
- If you are taking an ACP dual credit class through IU next year, please read Ms. Marx’s email from 5/21 and complete the form.
- You can begin your Common Application now. After you create an account, you can enter demographic information and make your life easier in the fall. Keep track of questions that arise as you work on the application and register to attend the Common Application Workshop at BCHS on Thursday, August 1 to have your questions answered. Remember, if a school does not accept the Common Application, you will need to apply through the college’s website and request your transcript through Parchment. You must request a transcript to be sent to each college or university through Common Application or Parchment.
- Summer is a great time to prepare for and take/retake the SAT and ACT. Remember that free online test prep tools are available through Khan Academy for SAT and ACT Academy. It is important that you send your scores directly from the testing service through your CollegeBoard and ACT accounts. Take advantage of the free score sends when you register. You must send your test scores to each college or university directly from the testing service. If you qualify for free or reduced lunch, you also qualify for test fee waivers. See Mrs. Nixon to access your code.
- If you are pursuing college athletics, please register with the NCAA Eligibility Center (NCAA Division I and II), NAIA Eligibility Center (NAIA), and/or NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association). NCAA Division III athletes do not need to register.
- Thank you to our sponsors at Marian University and Huntington Learning Center for supporting Bishop Chatard students.