1. There are over 20 colleges visiting BCHS this week! Sign up in Scoir
to attend the meetings.
2. If you missed the virtual Evening with IU and Purdue, you can view it here
3. Remember, every senior has to meet with Mrs. Nixon prior to October 7. Please stop by 213 or set up an appointment here
5. Have a great week! We are here to help you!
Here is this week’s update for seniors!
1. Every senior needs to meet with Mrs. Nixon between September 8 and October 7. You can either sign up
for an appointment or just stop by room 213 to meet. You do not have to have an appointment, but you do need to be ready to talk about your future. Please bring your ipad if you have questions about your college applications.
2. Today is the last day to sign up for the SAT School Day. Register here
3. We have over 25 colleges visiting before the end of next week; register here
under Events with your BCHS google login to receive a pass.
4. Please keep your grades up. It’s hard to catch up with more rigorous senior coursework, so it is best to stay on top of things.
5. It can be overwhelming to juggle Homecoming week, academics, and extracurricular activities. Please remember to take care of yourself and prioritize your health and wellness.
Here are the top 5 things to remember this week:
2. Marian will be here Tuesday, August 30, we have 4 colleges coming next week, and there will be 18 colleges here the week of September 12. Don’t forget to sign up for college rep meetings in Scoir (log in with your BCHS google account and click on Events).
3. If you are interested in taking the SAT School Day on October 12, please register here prior to September 7.
4. If you need help with Common App, please go here. This page is full of tips. Also, scroll down and watch the video next to “Get ready to begin your journey.” Don’t forget to click on the My Colleges tab, choose one of the schools in gray, then click on Recommenders and FERPA to invite Mrs. Nixon as your counselor and your selected Teacher as your teacher. You do not need an Advisor.
5. The best way to make college applications less overwhelming is to spend time working on your applications. We promise it’s not as overwhelming once you start! Feel free to stop by room 213 after you create your account if you have questions.
5 important things for seniors to remember this week:
1. Colleges start visiting BCHS today! Use your BCHS Google login to get into Scoir
and sign up for the visit. It is the only way to get a pass for the information session.
2. You have the opportunity to take the SAT on October 12 if you want another score. Please sign up here
4. Booking college visits at least 3 weeks in advance helps ensure that you will have a spot. For fall break and PSAT day, you will need to book even earlier. Each college and university has a specific place to schedule visits. Examples: Ball State
5. Take a deep breath, look around, be grateful, say a prayer, and get outside to unwind this week.
1. The Lilly Scholarship Nominee applications are due Friday, August 12, at 8:00 am. See requirements and apply here
2. This is a great time to ask teachers for letters of recommendation. Please complete the College Autobiography
to help us have more background information.
3. If you are having any trouble logging in or setting up your account for Indiana University dual credit ACP courses (W131, P155), contact ACP directly at 812-855-6789 (fastest way, you can use our office to make the call) or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. You can always get a copy of your transcript by going to parchment.com
and entering your own email address. You will need a copy for the Courses and Grades section of your Common Application
. You can also use Parchment to send transcripts to colleges for free!
5. Colleges will begin visiting Bishop Chatard at the end of the month. It is very beneficial to come to these meetings. You can save your spot through your Scoir
account (log in with your BCHS Google login).
Remember, I am in room 213 if you need anything!
Happy August 1, Seniors! We can’t wait to see you next week. We have a few notes for you to help you kick off your last year of high school on the right foot.
The Common Application is now live. Read this list and watch this video to apply to college now. At the very least, you can set up your account, waive your FERPA (in the Recommenders section after you add Colleges on the Colleges tab) and add Mrs. Nixon as your counselor. This will allow us to attach your transcript to your application now for your colleges to download when you submit your application.
The application to be BCHS’ nominee for the Lilly Endowment Scholarship is available. Complete it before August 12 to be considered for this amazing opportunity.
If you apply to any schools outside of the Common App, remember to request a transcript in Parchment. It is the only way for us to know you need a transcript.
While the Archdiocesan system transfer will not allow you to see your schedule yet, please know that School Counselors will be available next week to help with schedule change requests related to your core academic courses. We will continue to send information your way as things develop.
Take a deep breath. Know that you are loved, you have value, and you are not alone. Your Bishop Chatard administrators, teachers, staff members, peers, and community are ready to help you make this your best year yet.