The PSAT will be offered in October. We will meet with students in grades 9 through 11 to give more information about interpreting your scores in the coming weeks. In the interim, there are several local opportunities you can utilize as you to prepare for future SAT and ACT tests.
- The BCHS SAT PREP CLASS will once again be offered in January and February. It is teacher-led.
- BENDER AND ROCAP EDUCATIONAL SERVICES. (http://www.bender-rocap.com, 317.205.9215, firstname.lastname@example.org) Experienced tutors who have received A+ feedback from students who now feel more confident. Many students raised their scores, gained admission to the college of their choice or earned scholarships. For individual tutoring: $60 per hour; $45 for 45 minutes. For two students together: $38 per student, per hour. For three or four students together: $27 per student, per hour.
- CLASS 101. Classes are $499. Over the past 20 years, Class 101 has helped more than 3,000 students improve their average SAT scores over 180 points. Tools Provided: Textbook, Worksheets, Online Resources, Trend Sheets, Two Full Practice Tests in Class and Trend Analysis, Two Additional Tests for Homework, Discover Areas of Weakness and Correct Weak Trends, Test-taking Tips, Strategies, and Timing. (https://www.class101.com/centralindiana/act-sat-classes/)
- CLUB Z! IN-HOME TUTORING. Test Prep Online Option: Great option for students with very busy schedules or who don’t quite need the intensity of one-on-one, private tutoring. http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-online-sat-act-classes/. One-on-one, In-Home Option: SAT: http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-sat-test-prep-tutors/, ACT: http://tutors.clubztutoring.com/indy/indy-act-test-prep-tutors/. SAT/ACT program information and SAT/ACT Flyer on the BCHS School Counseling site provide additional information.
- COLLEGE NANNIES+SITTERS+TUTORS. Sponsor of our Spring College Night, College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors offers in-office tutoring in the Nora area with a customized model that emphasizes matching an appropriate tutor with the student’s learning style.
- A flexible approach anchored with tailored, detailed Progress Plans helps to ensure success for each student. https://www.collegenanniesandtutors.com/tutor/collegetestprep/ Carmel and Nora Libraries are co-hosting SAT/ACT Practice Exams with College Tutors on Aug 25th. Students must register and choose location and test option via registration link: Aug 25 ACT/SAT Practice Exam. Carmel Library session starts at 9:30am, Nora Library starts at 10am, and each session will last approximately 3.5 hours. This is a complimentary session provided by Nora Library, Carmel Library, and College Tutors but seating is limited. Any questions can be directed to Dave Snider, 317-559-2510.
- KHAN ACADEMY offers a free, personalized way for you to use the results of your PSAT to prep for the SAT. We have seen students increase their scores significantly by practicing 3 to 4 times a week for 30 to 45 minutes a day for three months. Reminder: It’s free!
- MOXEY TEST PREP. Introductions are available to the Moxey Test Prep methods for all sections of the SAT and ACT. Email email@example.com to have a spot held and receive a confirmation that gives the details about payment, location, and required materials. Seating is very limited. More information on all upcoming SAT and ACT workshop classes is at moxeytestprep.com.
- SARAH PETERSON is a private tutor with 27 years of test prep experience. She offers weekday afternoon & evening appointments (no weekend) at her home office in Ivy Hills. Individual and small group sessions, individualized to students’ needs. Text or talk: 317-578-1986. Email: Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org