Alice Davies from Maryville University was kind enough to allow us to share Maryville’s new resource, How to Write a Scholarship Essay , to support students entering college and current college students obtain the funding and financial assistance that they need to attend and complete their degree with as little financial stress as possible.
In honor of Black History Month, Regions Bank is offering 30 Regions Riding Forward® Scholarships to high school seniors and college students through a competitive essay contest about inspirational African-Americans. The Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest is designed to provide scholarship opportunities for students while celebrating the contributions of African-Americans in all aspects of our society. With our awards this year, Regions will pass the $1 million mark in awarded scholarships to high school and college students through the Contest.
The Contest requirements are as follows:
- Eligibility: High school seniors (living in states with Regions branches) and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors (from, or currently attending college in, states with Regions branches) may apply.
- Topic: Students must write an essay about an African-American who has inspired and motivated them. The essay should, in 500 words or less, (a) address how the African-American individual has been an inspiration in the student’s life and (b) discuss the contributions of the African-American individual who has served to inspire and motivate the student.
- To enter the Contest, and for more information, full eligibility requirements and Official Rules: Visit www.regions.com/ridingforward.
- Entry Timeframe: Jan. 20, 2020 through Feb. 29, 2020.
- Prizes: Fifteen $5,000 scholarships awarded to high school seniors and fifteen $3,500 scholarships awarded to college students. (One high school senior winner and one college student winner will be selected from each of the 15 states with Regions Bank branches, for a total of 30 winners.)
2020 Scholarship Award Sweepstakes: Discover Student Loans is giving away one $5,000 scholarship each month this year! The earlier you enter, the more chances you have to win. Families can visit Scholarship.CollegeCovered.com to enter today. No purchase or loan necessary to enter or win. See Official Rules for details.
Deadline: February 15, 2020. Apply here. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be of Hispanic heritage, Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students, Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for undergraduate and graduate students, Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year university, or graduate school, in the US, for the 2020-2021 academic year, US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA), Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid application (if applicable)